Sunday, November 22, 2009

ENCORE

“Holding On: Have You Ever wondered Why Even If Someone is too numb to feel you, or insensitive to notice you, You Still Choose to stay? It is because beyond what others see in that person, you feel a tiny chance that maybe, just maybe, if you hold on a little bit tighter, he’ll learn to value you the way you want him to.”

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (by Amy Winehouse)

For the four years that I’ve been pining for a glimpse from you I’ve stopped hoping and wishing that you’ll ever look my way. But on one eclipse on your life, you remembered me.

Of course, as expected I made myself available to entertain you thus making my rehabilitating heart and weak mindset to begin feeling again.

But in fairness to you, you came looking for a friend and well, I laid the red carpet. I wish to stop myself before I start including you in my daily routine again. I guess it won’t be a mortal sin if i just shoved you away (which would have been pleasurable, i guess) but like a loyal puppy, I wagged my tail and welcomed you in. I believe I was going the right track flushing you out. I am just (again) at that turnpike where I am holding on and wishing you’d “value me the way I want you to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment