Monday, October 26, 2009

Sound Of Silence (by Simon & Garfunkel)

This song is both peace and chaos.

“Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence”

This song would take me back to memories… when and which I was neither ready to remember or discard. It offered nothing but nothing. It was helpful to feel nothing. This song impresses on me as nothing (again). This was the time I was floating, not forgetting, not remembering, just alive. It is like remembering but there is nothing to remember, revisiting the past that was not there anymore. Funny, it says hello to the darkness, which for me means seeing nothing but black. There is nothing to “visit” but nothing. It is not empty, just nothing. But it helped me through, it soothed my rugged emotions. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment